Sunday 19 February 2017

Confetti Pockets

Hi - It's been ages since I posted, we are getting ready ot move house so things are a bit hectic. These layouts are from a few weeks ago and were created for the GoG0 Getaway blog revisiting a technique from our October 2016 Getaway retreat.  Niki taught a gorgeous Confetti Pockets class and I've never seen so much pink and glitter, which I enjoyed but I wanted to to see if this technique would work as well for a boys layout using a photo of my Great Nephew on his first birthday.confetti-pocket-2
I hand cut the number one in white cardstock and a second time from acetate. After stamping on the cardstock I used Washi tape to secure the two layers together - not quite sealing all the way round and then  added sequins and glitter.  I completed the seal with more Washi tape and then to add some detail and so the 'confetti'  didn't all fall to the bottom I added some staples in random places.
img_2518
Of course I couldn't revisit this technique without a bit of girly glitteryness so I also made a layout of my Nieces wedding and added a pretty heart shaped Confetti pocket.confetti-pocket-1
This time I stitched the edges using some mulberry paper with pressed petals and leaves in as a background and also added some stitching across the pocket to create places for the confetti to rest. As well as sequins and glitter I also added seed beads and heart gems to this one. img_2521
I had lots of fun creating more pretty pockets and I think it works equally well for a male layout too. Thanks for stopping by - please pop over the the GoGO Getaway blog to see more inspiration from the fab Design Team. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts - they make me smile x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails